HIGH POWER AND SPEED RESPONSE ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM AND AERONAUTICAL MICROGRID MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Research, design and development of cost effective energy storage solutions for aeronautical applications besides the control system to manage the power and energy fluxes on aeronautical environments and microgrids.
- Hybrid approach, use of different storage technologies to achieve an optimum power/energy ratio.
- High speed of response to stabilize the buses.
- Different energy sources integration
- Distributed energy generation/consumption approach leverage
- Up to 250 kW power Hybrid Energy Storage Systems
- On ground and on board application
AVIONICS DESIGN AND INTEGRATION: FOAM – UNIVERSAL FIRE EXTINGUISH CONTROL
The scope of this project is the development and manufacture of a universal control system prototype for A119 helicopters (KOALA) fire extinguishing system.
- The necessity is born then to design a standard equipment of control for the fire – fighting system for its later integration in the airships of a Spanish Aeronautics Company.
- In addition it must be able to activate systems for the chemical agent inclusion, control of opening of deposits, retardation between openings, management of the system, emergencies and alarms.
POWER ELECTRONICS: HIGH EFFICIENCY LOW VOLUME AND WEIGHT BATTERY CHARGER
Design Development Production and Certification of a bi-directional battery charger:
- High performance FPGA based control architecture to ensure high levels of efficiency plus bus stabilization capabilities
- High frequency SiC isolated architecture
- Low volume and weight
- 50 kW – 250 KW
POWER ELECTRONICS AND ENERGY STORAGE: HS3®: ON BOARD BRAKING ENERGY RECOVERY SYSTEM
The HS3® converter is composed by ultracapacitors storage and a DC/DC power converter which injects the necessary energy when the electric bus starts to move and, in the opposite case, absorbs it when the vehicle stops. The high power density current peaks produced when the electric motor speeds up are supplied by the ultracapacitors storage.
POWER ELECTRONICS AND ENERGY STORAGE: DELFIN, A MILITARY MULTISOURCE EV INTEGRATION
The objective of the project was to design, develop, and manufacture the powertrain system of an electric vehicle, for a low IR emission application, which consists of five power electronics converters in order to supply power from two fuel cells and a hybrid energy storage system to the electric engine.